Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weekend update, part 2 (aka, saturday and sunday)

The last update took entirely too long for me to put together and I'm sure it took entirely to long for anyone to read. Now I well update you on the second half of my weekend, LA PLAYA!!!  I went to the Manuel Antonio National Park and saw all kinds of beautiful!

We got up really early (4:30 am) on saturday to go to the beach. It was about a 3.5 hour drive. The little blue dot in this picture is where we traveled to. I'm not sure if you can see it but we traveled from san jose. 

When we got there we parked and then walked up to the entrance of the park. This is where I do have one semi-complaint about Costa Rica.. Because I am an "international" and not a resident of Costa Rica I had to pay more for my ticket to get into the park. I understand why they would do this which, is why it is only a semi-complaint. We walked a long way looking at all kinds of plants and searching for animals (that we never saw on this walk) until we got to a beautiful beach. 


When we got up to walk to another beach we saw a family of raccoons wanting some food. This was extremely abnormal because they are nocturnal animals. However, because of all the tourist they have adapted to get up during the day to get food. 





These next pictures of are the next beach we went to. Carmen and I both decided we liked this one better. 


When we finally made it out of the park and back to the area where are car was I decided to get myself a little treat :) The sunscreen is in rememberance of how I forgot to put it on before we went into the park, resulting in a burnt forehead, nose, chest, and arms! Yay! 


We spent a little time at this restaurant and then went to yet another beach to finish up the day. Then we went on a hunt for a hotel. when we got to our hotel we saw this, an iguana! I've seen many iguana crossing signs since I've been year but have yet to see one! Now I understand the need for the signs!!! 
The rest of our night was pretty uneventful. We went to eat, I had another drink. We tried to search for a place to go and dance or something but we couldn't find anything near our hotel. We heard that the restaurant directly across from our hotel would liven up later. However, because we were up since 4:30 we both ended up falling asleep and not going out. Lame, I know, but it was still very enjoyable.

The next day we woke up and got breakfast. This was our view from the restaurant we ate breakfast at: 

After breakfast we went on another little adventure and found a more secluded beach where more locals like to go. It was a very nice beach and we spent the rest of our morning here! 
After we left here, we went to go pick up our babies (Maggie and Toby) from the place where they stayed for the weekend! Everyone seemed to have a great time this weekend! I know I sure did! I loved how relaxing Saturday and Sunday were. I promise next time I go, there will be more exciting adventures. 

1 comment:

  1. In about a month we will be on our cruise and enjoying such beautiful places, too. It is good to know that you are having a wonderful time. We love you.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete