Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend update!

OK, so I've had a busy weekend and I have A LOT of pictures to share!

So far I am loving Costa Rica! I have really enjoyed everything that I have done so far but I've been a little spoiled. This is my last week before I start working and then my blissful view of Costa Rica may fade slightly. I'll be moving into my apartment on Sunday and then I start work on Monday. This means I have a very short turn around before I get everything settled and start work (this seems to be the story of my life). When I move into my new apartment on Sunday I'll be sure to post several pictures of my tiny little apartment!

That's enough of an update now for the pictures and stories of my wonderful weekend!!! :)

First it started out by going to a volcano with my Carmen's mom, Luisa. I love being able to do things with Luisa because she is so patient with me and my horrible spanish! Our sentences to each other end up being half spanish and half english, the true definition of spanglish. Here is a picture of us at the volcano:


Here is a picture of the crater of the volcano. There was a lake of sulfer that was a greenish color that you can really see here but it was kind of creepy or at least to me it was.












It was really cold and windy up there! I'm may not only be holding back my hair in this picture but also holding my ears because it was so cold!


















Our next stop on Friday was La Paz Waterfall Gardens this place was beautiful and I'll get to those pictures in just a minute. But first, look at this beautiful picture that I took on the drive from the volcano to the waterfall.


I know it's breath taking!!! Look at that beautiful blue sky and that green grass!!! The first thing I want to show you about the Waterfall Gardens is kind of strange but Luisa and I both think its worth sharing!  It's the sinks in the bathrooms! They were beautiful and very creative! The little rock looking thing to the left of the soap was how you turned on the water on and it came trickling down like a little mini waterfall! I want a sink like this in my house one day, when I marry rich! (ok, I'm just kidding it will probably next to my house because I'll be so poor I'll have to wash my hands in a near by creek).


This is the view of the walk way up to the lodge. The lodge was a beautiful hotel where you could stay! So beautiful... 
The first "attraction" we stopped at was the birds! Look at this fun little toucan, I think his name might be Sam. 
I got to hold a different toucan! I think his name is also Sam (I might be a little birdist)!

Luisa also got to hold Sam. He was a very friendly bird! 


This bird scared me like 5 times while we were walking around the bird house! He would just come out of no where! I think he was a little on the crazy side! 
Here is a video of a crazy albino squirrel it was starting to remind me of Finding Nemo and Madagascar where all the animals seem to be a little off when they are living in captivity.  I hate squirrels but this was a little funny and I had to video and share!









Next stop was the butterfly observatory!!! There were literally thousands of butterflies and they were all beautiful! This is a video of them all fluttering around. 

This butterfly landed on this lady and then opened up to show how beautiful it is! 
This is where all the baby butterflies come from! :) 
Next we got see where all the monkeying around happens at La Paz. 
Before I actually came to Costa Rica I heard a lot about how beautiful all the humming birds are here! Well, I havent seen any except for here, I really hope I get to see more soon! 
Here I am with some cows... 






Now for the main event, the waterfall!!! It was BEAUTIFUL!!!! 






 

I took a video of the waterfall so I would be able to share what I was seeing and hearing. Please excuse my shaky camera work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment