Thursday, January 19, 2012


Well, I’m back in Costa Rica! This time I’ve got my adorable puppy Maggie with me. It was interesting to travel with a dog but it’s a pretty awesome experience. Maggie did very well traveling. She had a few freak-outs and chewed a hole in her bag but overall I was very shocked at how well she did. When we were actually on the plane she didn’t even make a sound. She only woke up once and kind of whimpered but that was it! I was very proud of my baby! Here is a picture of her waiting at the gate with me before we boarded! 



The most difficult thing about traveling with Maggie when I got to Costa Rica was gathering all of my bags! I had her, a backpack, a purse (with a purse in side), a large duffle bag, a suitcase, and her kennel. Plus the way they have the airport set up in Costa Rica is very different from the way the Atlanta airport is, no one can come into baggage claim to help you with any luggage! I was very glad that Nichole gave me a Wicked Westie luggage tag! I was able to spot my suitcase quickly and take a picture of it before I found the rest of my things :)



When we finally were able to meet up with Carmen we left the airport and then went to her house. I was exhausted by this point! Maggie and I both took a nap and then went for a walk around the area where we are staying for the first couple of weeks we are here! So far Maggie is loving it here! She can walk around, she has a friend to play with, there is green grass, the weather is WONDERFUL, everything a dog could want! Here are some pictures playing around outside! 






I’ve also done some sight seeing since I have been here. Carmen’s mom, Luisa, and I took a bus into San Jose and walked all over the city! We walked for about 2 and a half hours straight! I loved every minute of it! I got to see so many things but as usual failed to take very many pictures. I was able to take pictures inside a beautiful church! 





I also found out that San Jose has a version of the cows in Atlanta but instead they have doves! I like this SO much better than the cows! Here is just one of the many doves in San Jose. 



Now I have to do a little bit of bragging for everyone who has been stuck in the cold! Here is a picture of the weather I have been living in for the past few days! Yes, it has been wonderful! :) 



This is my update for the first half of this week! I’ll be updating again after the weekend! Tomorrow Luisa and I are going to a volcano around here, which I hear is beautiful and then this weekend Carmen and I have a trip planned to go to Manuel Antonio National Park. I promise I’ll take plenty of pictures while I’m out and about. I’m sure I’ll post a few on facebook but then explain them more in detail here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment